Sunday 20 August 2006

High School Musical premieres at Stagedoor

The world premiere of the stage version of High School Musical was held at the theatre summer camp, Stagedoor Manor on Friday.


The prestigious theatre training ground in the small town of Loch Sheldrake - in the Catskill Mountains of New York - was granted the rights to be the first to present the stage version of the hit Disney Channel tv movie.
Reuters have done a preview story on Stagedoor's production, talking to some of the cast and other campers at the summer camp. I'm pretty sure the funniest/most interesting scene to watch would have been the basketball/hip-hop number Getcha Head In The Game... I'd guess most of the campers would still be as uncoordinated as me when it comes to dribbling a basketball ;-)

Congratulations to the cast and crew!... I look forward to hearing any reports of Stagedoor Manor's production of High School Musical from 3rd session campers/staff/parents!... Any photos or cast info is welcome... (and can anyone confirm the show was directed by Larry Nye?... You'll find my email link under my profile on the right)

* Reuters: Summer camp kids mount "High School Musical" premiere

Posted in |

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hey,
    I was in this production of HSM and I can indeed confirm it was directed by the fabulous Larry Nye.

    If you need any specific information I can probably tell you whatever you need.

  2. Dave Gee Says:

    Great to hear... I got to work with Larry on a production of Chicago a few years back, lots of fun!

    Yeh, would love to hear any info or see any photos... Hope the premiere production went well?!

    I'm currently travelling in the US for a few weeks on holiday (NYC, San Fran and LA), but am home mid-Sept. Would be keen to put up a few pics on my main site (that has my old summer camp photos) if you or anyone else has some?

    Drop me a line anyway if you feel like it: dave(at)davegeeonline.com

  3. Anonymous Says:

    I love musicals and i think that Larry Nye is a great director. I sav the premier and i vas trilled. I am loking forvard to see other musicals. Keep up the good work.
    mypremiercard.com