Saturday 28 May 2005

Good ol' London Town

Had a relaxing few days out in Luton, catching up with old work friends from when I did my 2 year OE a few years back, and watching a bit of English telly, like the new series of Doctor Who...

Headed into London yesterday, and saw Billy Elliot the Musical. It's written by Lee Hall and Elton John. Booked my seat on the net, but was waiting in the ticket collection line at the theatre when a vaguely familiar face walked in beside me...

It was David Schwimmer (Friends), wearing a military-style cap to try and not look so obvious, with an attractive brunette by his side. He's just started a stint in the West End, performing in a play called 'Some Girls' at the Gielgud Theatre. He obviously doesn't have a midweek matinee, so was taking the opportunity to check out what else is on around the West End.

Also bought myself an England Football 'Away' shirt, with Gerrard's name and number on it, after he helped lead Liverpool to their 5th UEFA Cup win. Everyone's a scouser now... even the morning TV presenters were wearing big boofy scouser afro wigs and moustaches, and saying "calm down, calm down" ;-)

I leave Luton this afternoon, to meet up with the rest of the bunch I'm travelling around a bit with. Everyone's been doing their own thing in the UK, but we're staying together at a Hotel/B&B in Victoria through till Wednesday, then they head off to Las Vegas while I head over to New York for a few days, before meeting back in LA to do the theme parks...

Posted in |

0 comments: